When Randy & I got married, I took on his goal of doing a session in every temple in world. At the time, there were about 100 temples and we knew it was a lofty goal then but felt like it was doable. But, it's getting harder and harder to catch up with all the new temples they keep building. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy that new temples are being accessible to others around the world but it makes our goal a little more difficult. We may not make it to every temple, but we're going to go to as many any we can. But one goal I wanted to make sure I hit was going to 40 temples by the end of my 40th year. I was at 36 temples at the first of the year so it gave me 5 months to get 4 more temples in. By April, I knew we needed to get on it so we left the kids with Gr & Gr Ogden for the day on a Saturday and flew up to SLC to try to go to Bountiful & Oquirrh Mtn temples. We picked up their car from the garage they keep it in near the Avenues in SLC but it took longer than we thought it would so we were only able to get the Bountiful temple that day before we had to be back to the airport to make the flight home. But at least we got one in and enjoyed some much needed alone time.
The next weekend (the first weekend in May) we left the kids with Gr & Gr Simkins and decided to try driving this time so we could be on our own time schedule and not the airlines. We left after work Friday afternoon and drove to Cedar to get the first of three for the weekend. It was fun to go back to do a session so soon after we had been for the open house a few months before.
After the session in Cedar we kept driving on up north and went to the cabin to stay for the night. We got there around midnight and got up fairly early (for us anyway) and drove down to Salt Lake to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple Saturday morning. We were trying for an earlier session but when we got there, we found out it was already full so we had to wait for the next one. So we went and took our pics before the session instead of after the session.
As soon as we got done with that session, we jumped in the car and headed south to go to the Provo City Center temple. We planned to go to the session before we did but because of Oquirrh Mtn being full, it put us back a little bit. That just put us getting home a little later than we had hoped but we really couldn't complain because it was such an amazing weekend. I've always loved going to the temple but going 4 times in 8 days was amazing.
We were left uplifted and renewed and I made my goal of 40 temples by 40. Now we just need to get to at least 1 new temple every year and take advantage of having a temple so close to us and go as often as we can.
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment