The Simkins Family Reunion started off by going swimming at Veyo Pool. The kids had a blast and Randy got in to play with them while I had to sit on the sidelines in my wheelchair and watch. :( My foot was still pretty bad so I wasn't able to do much of anything. But I'm thankful for my family who helped me out and let my kids hang out with them during the reunion so Randy could take care of me. The pool wasn't too crowded and the kids had fun swimming with their cousins. I hadn't been there in years so it was fun to be back...just wish I could have got in the water. Oh well.



After we got our fill of swimming, we headed up to Pine Valley to our camp spot. We had reserved a whole circle so it was nice to not have to worry about cars or anyone coming through so the kids could ride bikes and scooters and play in the road without having to worry. I heard everyone loved it. Because of my foot, I was only able to spend some of the time up there and some of that time was spent sleeping in the van because of my fever. Randy was able to play some Kan-Jam with the guys and I was told the food was pretty good.
 |
| The guys playing Kan-Jam |
 |
| Grandma reading "Creepy Underwear" to the kids |
 |
| The kids watching helicopters dip water out of the reservoir |
There was a fire on Pine Valley that started a few days before we got there and they had actually evacuated the camp ground for a while so we weren't sure we'd be able to camp at all but the fire changed directions and they reopened the campground. Luckily the smoke wasn't really a problem either. I wish I wouldn't have been so out of it that I don't remember much of the reunion but I'm glad that everyone else had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment