Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Mia's Birthday

My baby turned 4 years old this year.  I can't believe it!  Why can't they just stay little?  But she was SO excited to celebrate her birthday and being the last day of the month, she could see her face on the calendar for a long time and to her it seemed like it would never get here. :)

Grandma and grandpa Ogden went on a church/american history tour for 3 weeks and left a couple days before Mia's birthday so she got to celebrate a little bit early with them.  They had some ice cream sandwiches and they gave Mia her present to open so she was pretty excited.
Mia with grandma and grandpa (and Halen photobombing Ü)
She is on a unicorn kick right now so she obviously requested a unicorn cake.  I found a picture of one on pinterest that looked fairly easy and I think I did alright except Mia wanted to add blue hair at the last minute.  It was just going to be pink and purple hair but she decided she wanted blue too and gold glitter so what was a mom supposed to do?  I added the blue hair and colored some sugar gold and sprinkled it on.  I did the best I could and tried to make it look like it was all intended so hopefully it came off that way but Mia was happy and that's all that mattered. :)
 

The birthday girl
She couldn't stop smiling all day
Blowing out the candles...look at that smile!

She wasn't excited at all :)
Opening her presents..with a little help
Grandma Simkins holding up her new dress
Hugging grandma...
...and grandpa :)
It was a fun day and we were glad a lot of the family was able to come help celebrate Mia's special day with her.  Grandma and grandpa Ogden were on a Heritage Tour trip so they weren't able to be there and Josie had sick kids so they weren't able to come either but we know they wanted to be there.  We love being so close to family and we just love our little Mia.  Happy birthday baby girl...we love you!!!

1 comment:

Coombs N Company said...

What an awesome cake!!!! You did a great job! Mia is darling! Shelby just loves that little girl! It was fun to get to visit! We should do it more often!