Halen was really excited to play baseball this year and it was our first experience with Washington Little League so we didn't know how things worked exactly. So he ended up on a team with no one he knew and since he's a bit shy, it was hard for him to get to know many of the boys so he was content to do his own thing. Whenever he practiced with his dad, he would hit the ball awesome but the first game came and since it was the first time most of these kids had played kid-pitch, the first two batters got hit with the ball and that got Halen nervous. After that, he kept backing away from the plate afraid he was going to get hit. That's how the entire season went. We tried bribing him if he would get a hit...or get hit, but it never happened. The only way he got on base was by walking which he did a couple times. Luckily I was able to document one of them. :)
Halen at bat
1st base
2nd base
3rd base
Crossing home plate
He's ready in the outfield
He said he had fun and that's the most important thing, but I think he realized that baseball isn't the sport for him. That makes me sad because I love baseball so much but I want him to do something that he enjoys and that he can excel in. So for now, I think we're done with Little League. Halen's coach did have an end-of-year pool party at the Coral Canyon clubhouse which was fun but I didn't mange to get any pics from there. :(
Randy & I met on a blind date in March of 2003 and were married 6 months later. We now have 2 fabulous little boys and a beautiful little girl. Halen is 8, Alex is 6 & Mia is 2. We live in St. George where Randy works for SkyWest Airlines as a Tech Writer and I get to be a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment