So we debated for long time about what to do for Spring Break this year. The kids didn't really care where we went as long as we went somewhere. At one point we had decided to go to Disneyland and made plans to do it. We've been to Disney World 4 times since we've been married but I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a senior in high school so I tried to get excited about going but as the time got closer, I started to get anxiety about the whole thing for a lot of reasons. Disney is fun, but it's a little overrated for me and I have a hard time spending that kind of $ to wait in lines all day only go on a handful of rides and have Mia cry anytime a character got close to her. I also felt unprepared in my research as to how to fit everything in between the 2 parks and I just got overwhelmed. So we changed things up at the last minute. We decided to downscale the trip and go to Knott's Berry Farm, the Aquarium of the Pacific, the beach and whatever else we wanted to do.
We were going to leave on Saturday but Alex's soccer game was later than we thought so we decided to wait and go Sunday morning instead. We had most everything packed the night before so it was just the last minute things we had to grab. We decided to drive instead of fly because by the time we rented a car for that long it would cost about the same as gas to drive down so this was we wouldn't have to be on an airline schedule and worry about making the flight. So we got loaded up and on the road by about 11:00. We moved along great until just south of Vegas and we hit all the traffic going back to Cali so it was really slow going from there. :(
 |
| Here we go...Alex didn't want his pic taken |
 |
| But I got him :) |
We finally made it to Barstow, a little later than we wanted, to have lunch at the McD's in the train. A train came by just as we pulled in so the boys jumped out to watch it.
 |
| They lost count of the cars after 60 :) |
 |
| Gotta love Ronald...but Mia didn't want to get close to him :) |
We got back on the road after lunch and slowly made our way to our hotel. It took so long to get there that we were ready for dinner so we scoped out what there was around the hotel and decided to just get pizza. The kids ate pretty fast because they were so excited to go swimming. I told them the water probably wasn't heated so it would be cold but they didn't care. They swam for about 45 minutes before deciding that it really was too cold. :)
 |
| Dad & the boys getting a good swim |
No comments:
Post a Comment