Friday, November 13, 2015

Halloween Week

With Halloween being on Saturday this year, it seemed like it was Halloween week instead of Halloween day.  The celebrating begin on Tuesday when we carved our pumpkins.  The kids designed the faces they wanted and we helped them gut and carve the pumpkins.  I absolutely HATE gutting pumpkins so I didn't do much of that but Alex is old enough now that he did a big chunk of that on his own, thank heavens but Halen's a lot like me and doesn't like to get dirty.  He was kind of in and out the whole time cause he was watching a football game too so I didn't even get a picture of him.
Mia tried to clean out some of he pumpkin
Alex couldn't wait to dig in
Mama helped Mia carve her kitty face
They turned out pretty good I think
On Wednesday we had our ward trunk or treat so the kids got to try out their costumes.  A week or so before, I pulled out the costumes that we bought after Halloween last year and I thought we had bought one for each of the kids but couldn't find one for Halen so we started scrambling to find something else.  He didn't know what he wanted to be so I suggested that he be a Colorado Rockies baseball player and he lit up.  He was WAY excited about that.  We already had everything he needed but we ordered some eye blacks to complete the look...he LOVED it!

Mia has wanted to be a witch since last Halloween so we got her a costume a year ago hoping it would be big enough and it just barely fit.  She needs to quit growing, but we pulled it off.  Her hat didn't fit real well so we ended up carrying it around most of the time.  But she did get to wear a little pink eye shadow and lipstick which she was ecstatic about.
You can't see the eye shadow well but she liked it
My little trick or treaters
Friday was full of class parties at school then trick or treating at SkyWest.  It was nice this year to have school get out at 1:15 so we weren't rushed to get to SkyWest by 4:00.  It made the day a little more relaxing.
Alex at his class party
Halen decorating cookies at school
 
Halen in his 3rd grade parade

A little trick or treating at SkyWest
We always come back from SkyWest with WAY too much candy.  We weighed what the three of the kids brought home and it weighed 11 lbs!  Crazy!  And the actual Halloween day wasn't even here yet. 
Look at all those cavities...I mean candy!
Halen loved his Rockies eye blacks
On Saturday, the actual Halloween, all of my family met over at Josie's house at 5:30.  My grandpa Singleton and Elva came over to see all the kids too and to give them some candy.  It was fun and crazy to have all the kids together.
Mia and Cassidy had the same witch dresses :)
Getting started on the candy with Great Grandpa
 
Grandma Simkins brought out her treats too

Trying to get all them to look is next to impossible
Look out Josie's neighbors, here we come!
Madix and Mia hitched a ride from grandpa Simkins
We trick or treated Josie's neighborhood for a little bit before going back to our neighborhood to hit a few houses there.  We ended up with over 15 lbs of candy for the week which is more than enough to make anyone sick.  I don't worry about Halen so much because he eats his so slowly.  He still has Easter candy in his room. :)  I'm just happy to have the week over with.  It seemed to go on forever and I'm ready to bring on Thanksgiving!

No comments: