Our scout master and leaders haven't been the best since Halen's been in scouts so we've pretty much passed everything off with him on our own...or I should say that Randy's helped him pass everything off. But he finally got his Wolf Badge just before he turned 9 so he could advance to a Bear Scout. I don't know much about scouting even though my dad was a leader for a lot of years and both of my brothers are Eagle Scouts so that's why Randy's been helping him out but I just got called to be a leader in the Bear Den so I guess I'll be learning how it all works. I guess that's what happens when several people in the ward have been called to the job and turned it down and since I'm friends with the Primary Presidency, they knew I wouldn't say no so they had to choice but to ask me. They felt bad making me have two callings but our ward is so small and they had seriously asked a lot of people who said they couldn't/wouldn't do it so they came to me. I knew I'd probably have to do Scouts at some point have two boys but I was hoping to slide by. :) The leader I'm with is amazing though and she's already got things turning around for the program so it hasn't been too bad so far.
 |
| Halen getting his Wolf Badge |
 |
| I didn't have much of a collar to put the pin on so he put it on my sleeve |
Good job Halen!!! We're so proud of you. I'm excited to be able to spend more time with Halen doing scouts with him so it should be fun too.
No comments:
Post a Comment