Tuesday, August 25, 2015

First Day of School

I seriously can't believe how fast the summer went by.  We had all these plans to do all these things and we didn't get to half of them.  Randy got busy at work and didn't feel like he could take time off right now so we didn't do a summer vacation but things are starting to slow down for him so we're hoping to take a couple trips this fall.

Anyway, the boys were actually excited to go back to school this year.  Alex couldn't wait to be able to go all day and start eating school lunch and I think Halen was excited to see his friends and maybe see Alex at recess.

Alex isn't a morning person so mornings are going to be tough to get him up and going every day.  He usually sleeps til 9 and school starts at 9.  Hopefully he'll get better at getting up as the year goes on.  But he was so excited the first day that he and Halen were both up and dressed when I got up at 8.  They had requested french toast for breakfast so I was nice and made it for them and then had to hurry to snap a couple pics before heading out.
Can't believe Halen's in 3rd grade
My handsome 1st grader
We didn't start our carpool until the next Monday but I knew it would be crazy getting in and out of the school so I wanted to leave a little early.  I kept asking the boys if they wanted me to walk them to class but they didn't want me to.  They're both out in the portables this year so they said they just wanted to walk together and they'd be fine.  I was a little sad I wouldn't get pics of them at the classroom but I was glad that they felt like they could do it on their own.  I think Alex got a little nervous as we pulled up and almost asked me to walk with him but Halen assured him that he would help him get to his class and it would be ok.
Dropping them off
Alex kept looking back Ü

He's thinking about it Ü
There they go...
I'm not going to lie...I did cry, but I waited until I got out of the parking lot to do it. Ü  Now it's just Mia and I at home all day.  I hope she doesn't get too bored of me too soon.  She's used to having Alex home with her at least half the day so now mom's going to have to do.  She's a good little helper though so she can help me with the chores...it will be good for her...and me.

1 comment:

Coombs N Company said...

I know it is sad to watch those little ones go off to school! You and Mia will have a blast! Enjoy it while it lasts! I wish I still had a little one at home!