Sunday, September 13, 2015

Girls Weekend/Luke Bryan Concert

For Mother's Day this year, my mom asked for a ticket to see Luke Bryan in concert and for all us girls to come with her for a girls weekend.  None of us girls objected since we all wanted to see Luke Bryan too.Ü  The tickets went on sale back in April and the concert wasn't until the end of August so we had lots of time to get excited about it.  We all wanted a little spending money to have with us on the trip so Josie suggested that we do a family yardsale to earn a little extra cash.  We all jumped on the idea and did it a couple weeks before our trip.  Between all of us we sold a little over $600 worth of stuff with over $200 being just mine so I was really happy about that.

The much anticipated weekend finally arrived.  The concert was first up on Thursday so we all left our kids with babysitters (Grandpa Ogden & Randy tag-teamed with my kids) and headed out just before noon.  I'm usually assigned to drive which isn't a big deal but Whittney volunteered to drive her van and it was nice not to have to worry about the driving for once.  We all met at Bobbi's house in Cedar, loaded up the van and hit the road.  It was fun to just visit and enjoy the ride without kids constantly asking if we were there yet or needing other attention.  We got there in enough time to have a quick, but yummy, dinner at Zupas before going over to USANA.  Once there, my mom was focused on finding the cardboard cutout of Luke Bryan so we could take a picture.  It took us a while to find it but she knew there had to be one around so she didn't stop until she found it. Ü
We were all a little excited to see him up close Ü
When we bought the tickets, there wasn't 6 seats all together so we decided to split up 3 and 3 so we didn't get to all sit together which was a bummer but we weren't that far away.  We didn't know how to split up so we just drew our tickets and the 3 sisters got together and my mom and the in-laws were together.  We tried asking a few people to switch with us so we could sit together but everyone around us were in 2 or 4's so trading for 3 didn't work.  Oh well, next time we'll be faster at ordering tickets.

The opening acts for the night were Dustin Lynch and Randy Houser.  I didn't know if I'd know many of their songs since I don't get to listen to music that often any more but I knew quite a few of them.
Dustin Lynch
Randy Houser
Then the main event finally started and he did not disappoint.  There's a reason Luke Bryan is the reigning ACM and CMA Entertainer of the Year.  He's an amazing performer and has some great songs.  At all the other concerts I've been to, we would sit down during the slower songs but this was the first concert we stood the entire time.  Even the slow songs were energetic.  And he was definitely nice to look at!!!
Dustin Lynch and Randy House came out and sang a few songs with Luke Bryan
Loved that he plays the piano while he sings
 
Bye Luke!  See ya next time
The concert lasted about 3 1/2 hours and was totally worth the price of admission.  We had to wait about an hour before we got out of the parking lot so we called home while we waited and jammed out to some Luke Bryan on the radio.  We stayed at Whittney's dad's house who lives about 30 minutes from USANA in Stansbury Park.  It was after midnight when we got there but her dad was waiting up for us and had beds ready for all of us.  We got ready for bed but didn't go to sleep til after 2:30 cause we couldn't stop talking.

Marsha had made an appointment to meet with her neurologist while we were up there so we had to be in Provo by 11:00 Friday morning.  The alarm went off way too early since we had be up so late but we got up and get ready to go.  We stopped to have breakfast at Kneaders in Provo right by the hospital.  It was really yummy.  While Marsha and my mom went to see the doctor, the rest of us wandered around Big Lots across the street.  That ended up being the only place I bought anything at.

The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping for clothes which is not my most favorite thing and I didn't even try anything on so I just wandered around following everyone else watching them shop.  Not my pick of things to do but they had fun so it was fine.  I just didn't expect to spend 2+ hours in each store.  But we did go to Olive Garden for a late lunch/early dinner which was fun before doing more shopping.

We stopped and got frozen yogurt about 9:00 before going to check into the hotel.  I had found a nice suite at the Hampton Inn in Orem that was big enough for all of us to stay in one room.  We had found $1 face masks at Big Lots so we all gave ourselves a facial once we got settled in our room.
We could barely stop laughing to take a picture Ü
After our facials, we watched a movie that we rented and painted nails.  We visited for a while after the movie and finally got to bed about 3:00.  We got up in enough time to get some breakfast in the hotel then packed up and left about 11:00.  We went to the mall for more shopping and to have lunch.  Shopping took longer than we thought so instead of doing a session at the Payson Temple like we had planned, we decided to do initiatory instead.
Us outside of the Payson Temple
Because the temple is still so new, they were training a lot of workers so it took longer than normal and we probably could have done a session in the same time.  Oh well, we don't get to do initiatory that often so it was nice to do that too.
Once more pic before heading home
We left the temple about 4:00 and made good time getting back to Bobbi's to switch cars and continue on home.  I got home just before 8:00 and my kids were WAY excited to see me.  It's always nice to come home after being gone for a while and know you've been missed.  I missed them too.  While I waited countless hours for everyone to shop, I called my family several times to see what was going on.  It was WAY fun to get away and I can't wait to do something like it again.  Hopefully next time I'll be skinnier so I'll want to do some shopping with them.

1 comment:

Coombs N Company said...

That looks like such a fun trip! Glad you had a good time!