Friday, September 25, 2015

Halen's 9th Birthday

Halen's birthday was on a Saturday this year but we decided to do his friend party on Friday after school.  He wanted the theme to be sports so it was actually a really easy party to plan and put together.  It's just too bad that it turned out to be the hottest day of the week and hit 100 degrees so the kids kept wanting to stay in the shade and drink.  We did it at the church pavilion since I didn't want to deal with balls flying over our fence in our backyard and it worked really well.
Happy Birthday Halen
Footballs (pretzel nuggets) & basketballs (cheese balls)
Popcorn, hockey pucks (Oreo's) & golf balls (donut holes)
Basebell & basketball cupcakes that Halen wanted
First up we had a field goal competition.  Randy built a mini field goal out of pvc pipe which the kids thought was really fun.   

Then they had a contest to see who could throw the most footballs and frisbies through hula hoops.
Next we played beachball volleyball.  The kids were excited to play this but the wind kept blowing the ball around so wasn't as fun as I'd hoped.  Plus being out in the sun took a lot of them and they kept having to take drink breaks.
I didn't get a picture of it but we ended by playing ladder ball which ended up being a bigger hit than I expected.  
Time to open presents and eat cake & ice cream
Mia loves the icing on the cupcakes
While the kids waited for the parents to pick them up, some played ladder ball and some started a kickball game.  I think they had a good time.  Halen said he did so that's all that mattered.

Since Saturday was his real birthday, Halen wanted to do his family party on Saturday.  Brent was in the hay and Bobbi was in Vegas with some friends but everyone else was able to make it.  It's so much craziness with all the family together but they have so much fun.
Blowing out the candles
He got lots of fun presents but his BYU backpack was his favorite
Thanks to everyone who came and helped make it a special day for Halen.  He chose to go to Golden Corral for his birthday dinner so we did that that evening to cap off the celebration.  I can't believe I have a 9 year old.  Time just keeps flying by.  We sure love Halen and we're so happy that he's part of our family!

No comments: