Monday, August 24, 2015

Enterprise Reservoir

Randy had a concert up in Salt Lake that he went to with Rhett so I took the kids and went to Enterprise for a couple of days.  The kids played outside all day.  That's one of the reasons I like Enterprise so much...it's not too hot to be outside for too long like it is at our house.

As it got closer to dinner time, we decided it would be fun to go up to the reservoir and roast hot dogs and play on the rocks.  So we loaded up a few things and headed up.  Brent was out of town for the night so we invited Whittney and the kids to come up too.

It's been so long since I'd been to the reservoir.  It brought back a lot of memories of playing on the honeycomb rocks and having cookouts with the family.  We found a shady spot to park and the boys were out of the truck as soon as it stopped.  We weren't planning on doing any hiking so we didn't bring anything but flip flops but the boys made it work.  They had fun exploring rocks and didn't want to stop to come eat.
 
I didn't get any pics of us roasting hot dogs because I ended up cooking them all because the kids couldn't sit down long enough to roast them.  They were too busy playing on the rocks so I guess it was ok.  But after we ate, grandpa pulled out a surprise for the boys...a bb gun.  He was going to bring his .22 but I talked him into downgrading a bit since my boys had never shot anything but a nerf gun. :)  Halen and Alex were WAY excited and had fun shooting a pop cans, boxes and whatever else they could find in grandpa's truck.  Grandpa only had to give them each a quick lesson and they both picked up on it pretty quick and hit their targets almost every time. They took turns shooting until grandpa ran out of bb's.
Alex was eager to shoot first
 
Halen getting ready for his first shot
 

I had to get a pic of Mia to prove she was there too.  She played in the dirt with Madix so she was nice and dirty

Halen and Alex can't wait to go shooting again.  I guess dad's going to have to dig out his bb gun take them sometime.

No comments: