Sunday, August 31, 2014

Summer Rain

This summer has been relatively cool and wet...especially in August.  Last week, I went to pick up the boys from school and the second they got in the van, it started sprinkling and by the time we got home it was pouring.  It rained hard for about 45 minutes and we had a little pool forming in the front and back of our house.  Luckily the house was OK but it sure came down hard.  I loved watching it and had to take a couple pics of our yard.
The little pool forming on the grass & patio
Guess we won't be swinging today :)
The front courtyard
Since the kids couldn't go outside and play, Alex and Mia decided to watch some TV on my bed.  I thought they looked pretty cute sitting together.  Mia likes to do what her brothers do. :)
 
It rained hard again a couple days after this rain and it lasted almost 2 hours.  I didn't get any pics because it was at night.  There was a ton of thunder and lightning so we turned all the TV's off and just played games until bedtime.  The kids had a hard time going to sleep because of the lightning and there was so much water that it started coming in the garage so Randy had to go out and squeegee the driveway.   We can definitely use the water but I wish it could be spread out a little more and not come all at once. :)

No comments: