Sunday, August 31, 2014

Alex's First Day of Kindergarten

The day FINALLY came for Alex to start Kindergarten.  He was SO ready to go and SO excited to be going to the same school as Halen. :)  Alex started a week after Halen because Kindergarten does some assessment tests the first week and he was pretty lonely while Halen was at school all day.  Apparently mom isn't so much fun.  He did have Mia to play with but even she's not the same as Halen.

Alex was assigned to Mrs. Barrett's afternoon Kindergarten.  Halen also had Mrs. Barrett so Alex was even more excited.  Unfortunately, Mrs. Barrett had knee surgery over the summer and wasn't quite recuperated so she won't be there there for the first couple weeks of school. :(
My handsome Kindergartener
Walking in for his first day
He was so excited to get there that he didn't want to stop for pictures :)
Ready to get going
His best friend, Jeff, is right in front of Alex
Alex made friends with a boy in preschool last year named, Jeff.  His mom is from Enterprise too and we were able to get the boys together quite a bit over the last year and they were excited to be in the same Kindergarten class together.  It should be a good year.  Because Alex was so excited to be going to school, it made it easier on mom too.

Since Alex is in the afternoon class, he's home with Mia & I in the mornings which go by fairly quickly as we have things to do.  My friend in the neighborhood picks Halen up to take him to school in the mornings so now I only have to go to the school twice a day instead of three times. :)  We drop Alex off at 12:40 then go home and get Mia some lunch.  Randy comes home for lunch just in time to tell Mia goodnight and she goes down for her nap.  He goes back to work at 2:00 then I have just over an hour to have some "me" time before I go pick up the boys at 3:20.  So far it's worked out pretty well.  

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I can not believe how grown up your kids are! Mia is a big girl now! They are all darling. I'm glad you guys are doing good!