Friday, August 29, 2014

Halen's First Day of School

The first day of school for Halen was SOOO much better this year than it was last year.  He was actually excited to go back this year because he'd missed his friends all summer and he knew a little more of what to expect so he wasn't as nervous.  I think I was more nervous than he was. :)

Halen requested pancakes for breakfast that morning since that's his favorite breakfast food so I made him a pancake...as big as his plate.  He thought that was pretty funny and said he probably wouldn't need to eat 2 or 3 pancakes that morning. :) 
I tried to find a spot that wouldn't be too bright outside to take a few pictures but Halen was still squinting in all of them.  But at least he tried to smile.
My handsome 2nd grader
I asked him if he wanted me to walk to class with him on his first day and he just looked at me and said, "I think I can handle it, mom."  So I dropped him off in the usual spot and off he went.  He didn't even look back.  He sure has grown up a lot in the last year and I'm so proud of him.  I hope he continues to love school and learning.

No comments: