When we put the kids to bed last Tuesday night, we could hear the snow starting to hit the windows. By the time we woke up, everything was covered in white. It looked really pretty and it's not a site you see often in St George. One of my first thoughts was since this doesn't happen in St George much, I should let the kids stay home so they can play in it. But I decided they needed to go so we got ready and headed out. We probably would have been fine but we got stopped on a hill to let kids cross the road and couldn't get going again because of the ice on the road. I wasn't the only one stuck...there were at least 6 other cars who couldn't get traction again and a bus got stuck too. A couple of the other moms I was stuck with decided it wasn't worth it and was going to take their kids back home. It was well after 9:00 before I was able to get turned around and moving and I hadn't got either boy to school yet. I didn't want to get stuck again so either I'm a good mom or a bad mom but I just took the boys home and excused the boys from school. They were excited to stay home and play in the snow. It was just so cold that they didn't last very long outside in the morning. They went back out again later in the afternoon and played longer.
 |
| We got about 3 inches |
 |
| Alex needs a new coat...this one's a little small Ü |
We got hit with a second round of snow on Saturday and when all was said and done, we had 7 inches in our backyard. Brent and Josie both moved that day so I kept the kids at my house while everyone else helped them move. It was too cold to go out and play but the kids all had fun watching the huge flakes falling out the window.
 |
| This is the backyard while it was still snowing...we got at least another inch after this |
 |
| You almost can't see the us in the front yard because it's snowing so hard |
St George doesn't get snow like this so they're not equipped to handle clearing the roads. It was so icy and people were sliding all over the place that the Department of Public Safety asked everyone not to drive unless the had too. We got the call Saturday night that church was even cancelled today. We had kind of mixed feelings about that because we were supposed to talk in church today. On one hand we were glad that we didn't have to talk in church now, but on the other hand we had already put in the work to prepare talks for everyone and I had stressed all week about it so I just wanted to get it over with. Oh well. I'm sure they'll ask us to talk another time and I'll just tell them I will if I can pick my topic. Ü
 |
| Randy spent over an hour shoveling our driveway |
1 comment:
You are a great mom! I wish that I would have kept my kids home from school and let them play in the snow! I also wished that my church had gotten cancelled! So much fun! I would tell them when they ask you to speak again that it wasn't your fault that church got cancelled! :)
Post a Comment