Sunday, December 8, 2013

Alex's 5th Birthday/Deer Camp

Since we took the boys to San Diego as part of their birthday presents, we didn't do a friend party for either of them but we did have a family party.  Because Alex's birthday is close to the opening day of deer season, we had a couple celebrations for him.  We let him open up his presents from mom and dad on his actual birthday then took him out for dinner.
Alex with his Mario pj's that match Halen's
He couldn't take the ring pop out long enough for a pic Ü
We went to Enterprise the next day and spent the evening at the Simkins deer camp.  Halen and Alex got to stay in the trailer with grandma and grandpa and Cassidy which they loved.  Randy, Mia and I went back up to camp the next morning and let the kids play and go on 4-wheeler rides with grandpa (or whoever they could convince to take them Ü).
Myles, grandpa, Mia and Cael
Daddy and Mia
We all went back to the house that afternoon and had a little party for Alex with the rest of the family.  Alex requested a Despicable Me minion cake and I thought would be fairly easy to do.  For the most part it was easy but I had a hard time with the black icing so the glasses didn't turn out as good as I wanted them to.  Alex thought they looked good so I guess that's all that matters.
Minion cupcakes
The minion cake
Opening presents
Blowing out the candles...can't believe he's 5!
After the party, we all went out to the Singleton camp to have dinner and visit for the evening.  The weather was actually quite nice for a change and it was fun to see the family.  Too bad no one got a deer though.

No comments: