Christmas was a little different for us this year because we were supposed to be with the Ogden side but since grandma & grandpa Ogden are on their mission, we were all on our own. I worried a lot about what we could do that would make the day fun and memorable for the kids but when it came down to it, just spending time together was all that mattered. We started the day off by going to brunch at IHOP. Marsha and her family had the same idea and sat a couple tables away from them.
After we ate, we came back home to let Mia have a nap and we finished a few last-minute preparations in the afternoon. For dinner, we made our own pizza in the shape of a Christmas tree. The kids had fun "decorating" it with meat, olives and pineapple.
 |
| Decorating the tree |
 |
| Let's eat! |
After dinner, we loaded up in the van and headed out to look at Christmas lights. I found a fun Christmas light scavenger hunt that we did to make it more interesting. Of course the boys wouldn't let us go home until we found everything on our list. Ü Luckily we knew where we could find most everything so it didn't take us too long.
Once we got home, the kids got in the their pj's and we sang a few Christmas songs before setting out treats for Santa and going to bed.
 |
| Daddy taking a selfie with Mia (I love the blue eyes) |
 |
| Halen loves to sing...Alex, not so much Ü |
It was a little later than usually getting the kids to bed and settled down because they were so excited but they finally went to sleep and mom and dad got everything else ready for Christmas morning.
 |
| Our tree and presents |
 |
| Everything ready for mom and Mia |
 |
| Daddy's |
 |
| Halen's |
 |
| Alex's |
I think the day turned out to be fun. The kids seemed to enjoy all that we did and even though we weren't with extended family, our own little family had fun together and it didn't feel as lonely as I thought it was going to be. I just love my little family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment