Sunday, October 1, 2017

Christmas at the Cabin

We drove up to the cabin Monday morning.  Being at the cabin in the winter is beautiful but it sure takes a lot to actually get to there.  Vehicles can only make it part way up the hill so we have to park and take several snowmobile loads up the rest of the way.  The kids like it cause they of course like the adventure but it's a little stressful for me but I've only been dumped off once so I guess that's not bad. :)
Once I get on the back, this is load #1
Here's load #2...we packed light :)
Once in the cabin, we had a blast.  We got to hang out with all the cousins, eat yummy food, open presents and sing Christmas songs.  It's always a little chaotic but it's so fun to all be together.
Opening presents together
Tuesday was spent outside for most everyone.  I went out a few times to get some pics but I didn't last too long...I'm a wuss. :)  But they spent like 3 hours outside sledding down the insanely long, steep hill having the time of their lives.  It's a good thing grandma Ogden has lots of snow attire to help us St George folk out. :)  They would take turns sledding or snowboarding down the hill then someone would follow them down on the 4 wheeler to haul them back up...it was quite the system.
Mia took it easier on the little hills
Alex had fun on the snowboard
He got pretty good at it too
Rhett bringing Halen & Hayley back up
Brayden & Mia about to head down the hill without Taya
They would disappear around the bend...aaahh!
Brayden & Mia hitching a ride up with Rhett
Rhett, Taya & Halen taking their turn
Mia got good at making snow angels
Everyone was ready to warm up with some hot chocolate and corn chowder after being outside in the almost single digit temperatures.  We spent the rest of the day playing games and hanging out.  We got up Wednesday morning and started the process of taking our loads in the snowmobile back to our van to head back to warmer country.

No comments: