Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Blue & Gold Banquet

The Blue and Gold Banquet for scouts this year was the same as last year with a spaghetti dinner, a talent show and cupcake contest.  Halen and Alex both got awards and played a piano solo.  I may be a little biased but I think both of them played harder songs and sounded better than anyone else.  They should be proud of themselves...I was. :)
Halen getting his awards
Alex receiving his awards (Halen eating spaghetti Ü)
Alex playing We'll Bring the World His Truth
Halen playing his Star Wars song
The cupcakes were given awards for best decorated and best tasting.  We tried doing some cupcakes for both categories.  We chose to do ice cream cone cupcakes for the decorated ones which I thought were quite cute and were among the first ones gone from the table when the kids were told to have at them but they didn't win an award. :(  We chose to inject vanilla pudding into the other cupcakes and they won 3rd for best tasting so that was fun.  The boys had a good time and that's all the matters I guess.



No comments: