Monday, November 14, 2016

Girls Trip

For Mother's Day and my mom's birthday presents, she wanted to go on a girls trip to a Luke Bryan concert in Salt Lake.  So we had all summer to get excited to go and it did not disappoint.  We all made arrangements for someone to watch our kids and we were off.  We left Friday morning (a little later than we had hoped because Leona Balen passed away earlier in the week and the funeral was Friday.  They asked my dad to speak in the funeral and my mom didn't want to miss it).  We did a little shopping in Provo and had a yummy dinner at the Cheesecake Factory before heading to our hotel.
A selfie on the drive
We had realized a few weeks before that the concert was the same weekend as General Conference so we were able to get tickets to the Saturday morning session.  I was a little worried about driving into the city on such a busy day but since we stayed in Woods Cross, it didn't seem like as many people were coming from the north and it was quite easy to get there.  Conference was great, as usual.  I loved being in that room with so many spiritual men and feeling the spirit there from the speakers and music.  It really was a great way to start the day.
Us girls
After conference, we were ready for lunch.  Bobbi had heard that the Red Iguana was a good place and it was close by so we went over.  It was good but I've had better Mexican.  Then we went back to the hotel to change and get ready for the concert.  We stopped by Ikea to do a little shopping and totally underestimated how much time we'd need there. :)  We cut our shopping short when we realized we needed to get going, grabbed a quick dinner at Zuppa's and headed to the concert.  We had pretty good seats fairly close up and off to the side.  We were happy with the view. :)
Dustin Lynch
Dustin Lynch started the night off and even though I didn't know many of his songs, he had some great energy and was fun to watch.  I was just as excited to see Little Big Town as I was Luke Bryan.  I must have been so excited that I forgot to take any pics of them. :(  But they were amazing!  And even though we had seen Luke last year, he was just as good this year.  We couldn't stop dancing!
Luke Bryan
Luke & Karen Fairchild singing a duet
Us girls at the concert
It was such a fun night!  These girls are so much fun.  We tried to stay up and talk at the hotel for a while but we were all pretty worn out so we gave in and went to bed.  We got up the next morning and had breakfast and checked out of the hotel and headed for home.  We listened to conference on the way and enjoyed visiting with each other.  I love these girls so much and I am so thankful to be part of their family.

No comments: