Monday, November 14, 2016

First Day of School

Apparently school started and I forgot to update the blog. :(  Life sure did get more busy when school started and summer seemed to fly by but it was nice to get everyone back on a schedule again.  Alex was pretty excited about going back.  He's a 2nd grader now and was looking forward to seeing all his friends again.  He was happy with the teacher he got and quite a few of his friends are in his class too.
Halen SO didn't want to start school again.  Our big 4th grader has been offered to attend the High Ability Learning class at Riverside every year because he is so far advanced in every subject but he didn't want to go and we haven't felt like it was the right thing for him to do but we often wonder if we made the right call.  He gets bored in class easily and gets frustrated with the kids who don't take class seriously and mess around causing the rest of the class to be punished.  Halen's two best friends moved away in first grade and he's not made any good friends since then.  It makes me sad for him missing out on those memories and try to encourage him as much as possible but there really isn't anyone in our neighborhood or school boundaries he's connected with.  I'm glad he has Alex to play with at recess but I know it's hard for him.  I keep praying for someone for him soon.
Mia didn't start school until September 6, but I'll include her right now too.  She couldn't wait to start preschool and September 6, couldn't come fast enough.  Waiting so long after the boys started about did her, and me, in. :)  It's weird to think that she's going to preschool already.  She still seems so little to me but maybe that's because she just finally mastered her potty training and she was still in a crib when she started (I had a hard time letting my baby grow up Ü). When I got thinking about it, I realized she seems to young for preschool because the boys were both the oldest in their classes and Mia is the youngest so she really is young.  But she was ready and to make it even more fun, she gets to go to be in the same class with her cousin, Cael.

No comments: