Thursday, April 7, 2016

Valentine's

Valentine's Day was on a Sunday this year so it made it a little strange, so the boys did their school parties on the Friday before so that meant I had to have their boxes done a couple days early. :)  Luckily, Halen decided he wanted to use the same box he used last year so that was easy.  I certainly didn't complain when he told me that and I even offered to make him a new one.  Maybe he could sense that I was dreading making boxes so he took pity on me. :)
This was the first year that Alex has needed a box so after looking through many box designs on Pinterest, he finally settled on a football field box. It wasn't too bad to make but it did require a little drying time because I spray painted the box.  But I got it done the night before the party so all was well.
After we got home from church on Sunday, dad snuck out and put the kids goodie plates by the front door before ringing the doorbell and running around to the back door.  Halen and Alex fall for it every year and went out looking for someone in the front yard while dad stands in the doorway asking who rang the doorbell. :)  Mia didn't care who the treats were from, she just wanted the candy and her balloon. :)
 
 
It didn't take long for most of the candy to be devoured so I should have gotten a pic of what the got before they had it but oh well.  It wasn't much.  Just something to let them know that we loved them.

No comments: