Friday morning we slept in as long as we could before heading down to breakfast at the hotel. We got a late check out there too so the kids could go swimming one more time before starting the trek back home. Randy went down with them while I started packing then we switched off so he could load the car. Neither one of us ended up taking any pictures and I don't know why so we don't have any proof that the swimming even happened but it did. :)
The kids took quick showers and loaded up in the car. They're pretty good travelers so it wasn't too bad of a drive. We made pretty good time on the way back because we didn't run into the California/Las Vegas traffic and the construction in the gorge didn't hold us up either. We did stop in Barstow to have lunch at the McDonald's in the train cars. It was so windy though that we didn't stop to take any pictures there either. Just ate and got back on the road. We got home just before dark. It sure was nice to sleep in our own beds and know we still had the weekend to unwind and recoup (and do laundry).
We decided that this was the perfect year for us to do Disneyland. We were going to do it last year but I think Mia would have been too little to do many rides and wouldn't have remembered much. This year, she was tall enough for almost every ride and rode every ride she could (even if she didn't want to) and absolutely loved meeting the princesses and characters. The boys were old enough to ride the rides together and not have to sit with mom or dad so we could ride with Mia. It cost more than we liked but we're glad we did it. It will probably be a LONG time before we'll back again so we're glad we got to this time. We made some great memories and had some fabulous family time. Thanks Disney!
Monday, April 11, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
What a FUn FUn FUn trip! I love DIsneyland! It is the best! I love all your pictures! I love all the characters! I wish my kids were little and wanted to see all the characters! Next time you will have to invite me so I can get my character fix! What great memories!
Post a Comment