Friday, November 21, 2014

Halen's 8th Birthday


Halen requested pancakes for his birthday breakfast so I decided to make him an extra large pancake.  He was pretty surprised when I put the plate in from of him. :)
Halen had a hard time deciding what kind of birthday theme he wanted but finally settled on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle party.  So I got to work looking for games and activities to do.  I thought the cake turned out ok for being kind of last minute.  Halen's favorite turtle is Michelangelo so he wanted orange.
Thanks to Pintrest, I found a few ideas for treats that the kids thought were pretty fun.  They ate tons of manhole covers and were a little hesitant about the sewer water. :)
 
 
 
 
We started out by throwing manhole covers (pie tins) in buckets then we threw them into pizza boxes for points.
It wasn't as easy as they thought it was going to be
We did a couple team relay races by running with pizza boxes on their heads then a marble race where they had to put a marble in one end of a nun chuck then transfer it to the next persons nun chuck.  Those were both pretty funny to watch.  Randy also made a bunch of origami ninja stars that they threw into pizza boxes for points then they got to take a star home with them.

We also did a punch board that had treats and prizes inside
We had some pizza and cake and ice cream of course then opened presents and did the Ninja Star pinata.  Then we played musical manhole's until everyone's ride came.
Opening presents
Halen taking a swing at the pinata
They had fun with musical manhole covers

After the friend party, all the family started arriving for more birthday fun.  With grandma & grandpa Ogden still on their mission, it was just the Simkins side there but we're so blessed to have so much family close that could come celebrate with us.  Halen got to open more presents and we got to eat more cake and ice cream so it was a good night.
 

1 comment:

Coombs N Company said...

You have been very busy!!!! I can't believe Halen is 8! CRAZY!!!!! These little ones grow up so fast!