Friday, November 21, 2014

Tuachan - The Little Mermaid

Randy & I used to go to Tuacahn a lot before we had kids but since then we've only been a couple times.  But this year they brought the Little Mermaid back and since we didn't see it the first time and heard so many good things about it we wanted to see it.  We asked the boys if they wanted to go and they jumped at the chance.  Halen's always wanted to go to a play but I guess we're not cultured enough so we've never taken him to one. :)  I don't think Halen or Alex really knew what to expect since all they knew was the movie version.  I have to admit that I was curious to see how they were going to pull off some of the effects too.  But of course Tuacahn always puts on a great show.

Mia went to stay with aunt Josie & uncle Scott for the evening since she was too little to go and she was in bed and asleep earlier than usual so it was an easy babysitting job for Josie but much appreciated.

It really was a nice night.  The boys ended up putting jackets on after intermission and they had a blanket on their legs since they were in shorts but Randy & I were enjoying it.  Halen's a stickler for details so he was a little confused at why they didn't follow the movie exactly but we tried to explain to him that some things just can't be done without computers. :)

After the show was stopped to take our pic at one of those face cutouts but Alex wouldn't do it for some reason so Halen chose to take a pic with dad in the Joseph picture instead.  It was late by the time we picked Mia up and got the kids to bed but we all had a good time and I think we'll try going to a few more plays.

No comments: