For Mother's Day this year my mom wanted tickets to the Brad Paisley concert and for all us girls to go with her. Of course we were all over that. I've always wanted to go to a Brad Paisley concert so I was way excited. The concert was on Friday, August 2, so we had all summer to get excited for it. Since it was getting close to due dates for Whittney and Bobbi, we didn't know if they would be able to make it. Whittney felt like she was up for the adventure but Bobbi didn't think it would be a good idea. We'll have to do this again so we can all go. Ü
After dropping kids off with babysitters, we left for Salt Lake Friday morning. It was a nice drive without kids asking every mile if "we're there yet". Ü We stopped at Marsha's apartment in Springville to drop off our stuff then continued north to have dinner before going to the concert.
 |
| Us girls with Mr. Brad Paisley! |
We got to USANA 15 minutes before the concert was supposed to start but the opening act was already on stage. I don't know many of The Henningsen's songs anyway so I didn't mind but I thought it was strange that they'd start before the advertised time...oh well. Next up was Lee Brice. He has a few songs I really like.
 |
| Lee Brice on the right and on the screen |
Next up was Chris Young. He's one of those artists who kind of flies under the radar. I didn't know if I'd even heard of him before the concert. But once he started playing his songs, we all started saying, "I didn't know he sang this". He had a lot more hits than I realized. Our seats weren't too far away from the stage but they were off to the left quite a ways so I didn't get the best pics.
 |
| Chris Young |
Finally it was time for Brad! It was pretty much dark outside by the time he got on stage and my camera doesn't take the best night pictures so they're all a little blurry...sorry. Brad sure was fun to watch though. He's quite the entertainer and I could have stayed longer. But he played for 2 hours so I guess I can't complain.
 |
| Mr. Paisley |
He came down in the crowd at one point during the concert and he wasn't too far from us...too bad we weren't on the aisle.
I think he sang most of the songs we wanted him to sing so he did a good job. I'd definitely go back to see him again.
We got back to Marsha's around midnight and all got ready for bed. Josie and I stayed up til 2am talking so we were pretty tired the next day but oh well. It's not like we get to do that very often. Once we got up and going, we packed a few boxes to help Marsha get ready to move the next weekend then we went over to IHOP for breakfast. Then we hit the road again to head back home. It was a quick trip but it was way fun. Happy Mother's Day mom. Can't wait for our next concert trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment