The kids and I drove up to Enterprise early on the morning of the 24th. Randy had to work a few hours so he come up after lunch. The parade was first and the kids were ready with the bags to gather as much candy as the could.
 |
| Waiting for the parade to start |
 |
| Filling up their bags |
After the parade, we went to grandma and grandpa Simkins' house to let the kids play for a little bit before going over to great grandma Simkins' for lunch. My grandpa would have been 92 this year. It's hard to believe that he's been gone for 5 years now. I still feel like he will be sitting on the couch whenever I go to his house. I sure miss that man!
Lunch, of course, was good even though they opted to not do dutch oven potatoes. After lunch, Andrea had a bunch of water toys for the kids to play with so there was a big water fight mainly with the kids but some big kids like Luke and Scott got in on the fun too.
 |
| Alex chasing Luke |
 |
| Halen had so much fun |
We had to break up the water fight a little early so we could go over to the races. Mia was up to race first. She's walking pretty good now around the house but I don't put shoes on her very often so I didn't know how she'd do in her little sandals. She also hates the grass so I didn't know what she'd do. Once they said "go", she took a couple steps then didn't know what to do either so I just walked her the rest of the way to the finish line.
 |
| Alex would have won but he ran on a diagonal so he took 2nd |
 |
| I love this pic of dad and Alex |
 |
| Halen ran the fastest he'd ever run at the races. He did a great job! |
After the races, Ben and Marsha did Cassidy's birthday party at grandma's house so we ate some cake and ice cream and visited for a while before we all started heading for home.
No comments:
Post a Comment