Monday, June 24, 2013

Mia's 1st Birthday

I can't believe it but my little baby girl had her first birthday at the end of May.  I wish so much that I could just keep her this little forever.  She's so much fun and I just love babies at this age but I guess she has to grow up sometime. :(  I was going to do a butterfly cake since a lot of her bedroom is done in butterflies but I decided to do a #1 cake instead since I did one for the boys on their first birthdays.  I'm a fan of the pull apart cakes made out of cupcakes so that's what I did this time.  I have to say that it was fun to be able to use girlie colors and and flowers this time. Ü  I'm not a cake decorator but I thought it turned out pretty cute.


Singing Happy Birthday
Daddy showing her where to blow the candle
Mia getting her first taste of icing
Mmmmm
She was actually quite clean compared to boys Ü
Her bib caught most of the leftovers
A little messy but not too bad
Next up was opening presents.  Grandma & grandpa Simkins and grandma & grandpa Ogden gave her some cute summer clothes and money; Marsha & Ben gave her some cute boots that she can wear this winter (I hope); Luke, Bobbi, Brent, Whittney, Scott & Josie all went in and bought her a princess ride-on car; Halen & Alex got her a toy piano and mom & dad got her some PJs.  Mia's a very spoiled, and loved, little girl.  We're so glad that she was able to celebrate her big day with lots of people who love her her. 


After party fun
We love you so much Mia!  We're so happy that you're part of our family.  Happy birthday Missy Moo!

1 comment:

Coombs N Company said...

Love LoVe LOVE the cake! Good job mom! I can't believe she is one!!!!