Friday, January 25, 2013

Student of the Month

Last week I got a call from Halen's school saying that he had received the Student of the Month for Kindergarten and was going to be getting it at an assembly that Friday.  It was supposed to be a surprise, so I didn't tell him why we were going to the school early on Friday.  He just knew we were going to the assembly so he could see what one was.  Being in the afternoon Kindergarten, he misses out on some of the things they do in the mornings like assemblies.  This was my first experience with an assembly since I was in school so I didn't know what to expect either.

He was the first one called once they started the awards so I didn't have my camera ready in time but I was able to get a few blurry ones from where I was sitting.  Halen got Student of the Month in Math which doesn't surprise me.  He loves Math and is really good with numbers.  It's fun to watch him figure a math problem out.  He looks up at the ceiling and you can almost see the wheels turning in his head while he's thinking.  For problems that I normally would write down so I can figure it out, he just figures it out in his head and almost always gets it right.  He definitely has a mind for math.  We're so proud Halen and how hard he's worked.


No comments: