Sunday, March 3, 2013

Valentine's Day

The boys were so excited for Valentine's day this year. I think mostly they were excited to make Valentine cookies because they asked if we could make them every day once the calendar changed to February. Ü We finally made cookies for FHE a couple days before Valentine's day.

For breakfast that morning, I was going to attempt to make heart pancakes but decided I might not be able to pull that off so I just did some pink pancakes.  The boys thought that was pretty funny.  Even Mia got to partake of a little bit which she loved since she thinks she needs to eat big people food.

Of course the boys loved it when our doorbell rang and they found treats left outside our door. We decided to give our treats in a couple different sets so the kids could have more opportunities to get excited. We don't go too overboard for Valentine's but it was fun to watch the excitement each time the doorbell rang.
There was a mad dash to the door to see who would get there first
Halen & Alex with some of their loot
Mia was so excited to shake her conversation hearts that I couldn't get a pic that wasn't blurry
For part of Halen's school party, they put together these cute butterfly pouches to put their Valentine's in.  I was relieved I didn't have to make one this year. Ü  But he brought that thing home completely full of treats and he had a lot of fun at the party.  Halen gave out Fun Dips for his Valentine's to his class and we had some left over that he shared with Alex when he got home.

Finding more treats
Dad brought a heart-shaped pizza home from work that we had for dinner before going out to deliver our cookies.  We took cookies to grandma & grandpa Ogden the night before when they watched the kids so Randy & I could go out to dinner.  We decided to celebrate our Valentine's the night before so we could spend the actual day with the kids.  But we still went and delivered cookies to Josie & Scott and Brent & Whittney.  The boys had fun ringing the doorbell and running to hide before someone could open the door.

We also took some cookies over to great grandma & grandpa Singleton.  I had to get a picture with them and the kids because it will be one of the last ones I get with my grandma.  It's been 2 years now since she was diagnosed with colon cancer and she's made it longer than I thought she would but the cancer has now spread to her liver and other organs and her liver is giving out on her.  She gets weaker and weaker by the day but on Valentine's she still looked pretty good.



1 comment:

Coombs N Company said...

You are a nice mom to do cookies! I gave that up a long time ago! We are lucky to get rice krispies done! :)