Thursday, January 24, 2013

Christmas Day

Even though it was really different to just have our little family together for Christmas, it was really nice to have just our little family together for Christmas.  After hauling everything up to the cabin last year for Christmas then having to haul it all back again, we decided it was time to start doing Christmas at our house now.  And even though we tried to have as much ready in advance as possible, it was still almost 2 am before Randy & I got to bed on Christmas Eve.  There were just a lot of little things that took a lot of time plus Mia was awake for a lot of it took even longer.
Halen's
Mia's
Alex's

All ready
Halen is our early bird in the family and he usually gets up between 8-8:30 so we decided to get up at 8:00.   He was just starting to stir when I went in to wake the boys up.  I had half expected one or both of the boys to come in our room in the middle of the night because they were too excited to sleep but they didn't.  I guess all the activities the day before wore them out. Ü

Once the boys were ready, we let them loose into the living room.  I always love seeing their faces when they see what Santa brought for the first time.  Christmas has taken on a whole new meaning for me now that I have kids.  It's all about them now and I love to get caught up in their excitement.
Halen got his Nintendo 3DS
Alex got his wooden train
We wanted Mia to sleep as much as possible but of course we couldn't be very quiet while opening presents so she got up not much after we did.  So we took time out of opening our presents to see what Santa brought her.  She got diapers and a cute little baby doll.
Mia trying to wake up and figure out what was going on
She thought the binky was for her to share with the baby Ü
Once we had fun watching Mia play with her baby for a minute, we went back to opening our presents.  We were all pretty spoiled.
Halen & Alex opening their RC trucks
After all the presents were opened & the kids played with their new stuff for a while, we had some breakfast and played some more.  Grandma and grandpa Ogden came over later in the day along with Uncle Ryan & Aunt Rochele and their kids.  They hung out and played for a little bit then we all went over to grandma and grandpa's house for Christmas dinner and to hang out some more.

Like I said, it was a little different to not see my family on Christmas, but it really was OK.  My little family is all at such fun ages right now and I wanted to just soak it all in.  I wanted so much to come up with something we could do to start a tradition of our own but I didn't come up with much so hopefully we can find something we all want to do together for next year.  But it was still a great Christmas and one that I'll look back on with happy memories.
Halen's loot
Alex's presents

Mia's spoilings 
Mom & Dad's stuff

No comments: