Good news! The report came back on Marsha's tumor and it's not cancer! Talk about relief. It's what the doctors suspected but until you know for sure it's still scary. This is the message we got from Ben: "We just heard back from the pathology lab. Marsha's tumor was a Grade 1 Meningioma. For those of you who have not spent the last week trying to learn everything you can about brain tumors, basically what that means is the tumor was benign (non-cancerous) and really, really slow growing. At this point, the doctor said there is no reason why she should not make a full recovery, but it is going to be a long / painful process. Considering they took a mass the size of a baseball out of the back of her head, I guess that is to be expected. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support. It has been one heck of a week! If you have not done so today, take a moment to love and appreciate the people around you because things can change in an instant."
What a week it's been. Just a week ago tonight, I was about as scared as I've ever been. I'm feeling a lot of relief and am very thankful a week later. I guess if Marsha had to get a brain tumor, then this is the best scenario we could hope for. I just wish I could take some of her pain away. I guess her neck is causing as much, or more, pain than her head. They had to spread the muscles in her neck to get into her skull so as you can imagine, her neck is pretty sore. She said it feels like her head is as heavy as a bowling ball and it's incredibly hard to hold it up or move it. Marsha's never been one to handle pain very well and I'm sure it's taking every ounce of her grit and determination to deal with this. But Marsha, you're tougher than you think and I know you'll make it through this trial. Just remember there are a lot of people who love you and are here to help and support you. Hang in there!
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
What a relief! So glad to hear this!
I havent' checked my blog in a week and holy cow...I feel like I have missed a ton! I am happy to hear that Marsha is going to be ok! What a relief! I had no idea! I am glad that she is getting better everyday!
On a side note....What a cute 3-month old girl you have that I still have never come to visit! I am a horrible friend! You did an AMAZING job on the party! What a super mom!
Post a Comment