Sunday, September 16, 2012

Halen's First Day of Kindergarten


My oldest started Kindergarten this year.  I'm officially a school mom!  Halen's been real excited to go to school.  He's in the afternoon class and his teacher is Mrs. Barrett.  We met with her the week before school started to do his Kindergarten assessment and we both really liked her.  She was impressed with how much Halen already knew and that he could read all of the sight words she gave him.  It was a proud mom moment.  
Halen ready to leave for his first day of school
All grown up walking in to school
Waving goodbye
I did fine the whole day and didn't feel like I was emotional at all.  I knew Halen was ready and excited to go so I was excited for him.  It wasn't until I got back in the car and started driving away that I started crying.  It kind-of surprised me.  I guess I just realized that my little boy was growing up and my life will be totally different from now on.  But Halen has really been liking school and has already made a few friends.

No comments: