I feel really bad that I didn't take any pictures to document my trip to visit my sister in New York but it was still fun. In my defense, I did take the camera but the memory card wasn't in it when I went to take some pics. :(
Anyway, my sister Marsha had a baby the first week of November and she wanted me to come out and help for a few days after she got home. So I made arrangements with Randy's parents to watch the kids during the day and Randy would take them at night. We actually let them sleep over at grandma's Sunday night so that Randy could take me to the airport early the next morning. I left St George at 6 am, made a connection in SLC, had a 3-hour layover in Detroit then into Syracuse by 7pm. Cassidy was so excited when she came to pick me up with her dad.
I spent Tuesday & Wednesday hanging out with Marsha, playing with Cassidy and holding the baby. I don't know how much I really helped but at least Ben was able to go to school and not worry about leaving Marsha home alone with the kids. I didn't even have to make dinner because someone from their ward brought dinner every night.
The plan was for me to head home on Thursday because the flights were looking better so Ben took me to the airport on the way to school that morning. Well, I missed the flight by 1 seat but instead of waiting for the next flight I decided to have Marsha pick me up so I could watch Cassidy while she took the baby to the doctor. We decided that me missing the flight was a blessing in disguise because while Marsha was at the doctor she told him about some things that were going on with her and they ended up scheduling her for a procedure the next day. She was worrying about what she was going to do with the baby since I was planning to leave but I offered to stay until Saturday. I was glad I had that flexibility to be able to stay and help. The kids were great while they were gone and I actually felt like I was able to help.
I felt bad making Ben take me to the airport at 5am Saturday morning but I knew if I didn't take that flight I would risk getting stuck somewhere. I tried to make the quick 20-minute connection in Detroit, but of course didn't make it. But luckily Randy was working on alternatives. He got me a flight to Denver (first class no less) then on to SLC (again first class) where I hurried onto a plane to St George. It was a long day and I was way tired but it was good to go out and help my sister. I can't wait until they come out for Christmas in a few weeks.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
What a fun trip, but the real question is......Does it make you baby hungry? You had better watch out!
Post a Comment