I was so nervous to watch my little boy go through this because I've never seen either of my kids go under anesthesia. But Alex was great. They gave him a little drink of medicine then hooked up the "laughing gas" under his nose and let him watch the movie on the ceiling. He was awake the whole time and hardly moved. The dentist let me stand next to him and hold Alex's hand just in case but he was fine. The 2 cavities were worse than the x-rays showed but both teeth were cleaned up and capped with a stainless steel cap in less than an hour.
The fun really started when I got Alex out to the car. Randy had taken a long lunch to help me get Alex home so I rode in the back with him and just tried to keep him from biting his lip off. He was so loopy and out of it that he didn't understand much of what I was saying so we just stuffed a wad of gauze between his teeth to keep him from biting down. Once I got home, I wet a rag and let him suck on it. I thought he would fall asleep but he never did. So we watched some cartoons and then he wanted to play with my itouch. After the numbness wore off he got a little whiny but really wasn't too bad. He was such a trooper and I'm proud of how tough he was.
Playing with mom's touch








No comments:
Post a Comment