There are a few things I've wanted to catch up on but just haven't taken the time to do it. First off, Halen has started a state-sponsored school program that he does from home on the computer. My mom told me about it earlier this year and I got him signed up for this fall. He does it for 20 minutes a day/5 days a week. I worried about how I would get him motivated to do it everyday but so far he's the one reminding me and asking me if he can do "Rusty & Rosie". They go over reading, math & science and he's been really captivated by it. As a bonus, Alex loves to sit next to Halen and watch him do his lessons so he's learning a lot as well. It's a 20-minute period that can count on them not getting into trouble so I can get something done. I love it so far!
Halen & Alex intrigued by the program

Another thing we just found out about it that Home Depot does kids craft projects on the first Saturday of each month. In October they did these fun wooden helicopters. The boys were SO excited to paint them and put them together.
The proud craftsmen

Halen & Alex have so much fun playing with each other and making up games and things to do. For some reason they love to get all the blankets out of their rooms for most of their games. One day I found them have pillowcase races. Ü

We've also had the chance to babysit my nephew Jaxon a few times while his mom goes to work. He usually comes in his PJs and one morning he and Halen had matching ones on. I couldn't resist taking a picture (they're both a little sleepy). Halen & Alex love it when Jaxon comes to play. It's so cute to watch them with him and see how protective & careful they are around him. They're good cousins.
No comments:
Post a Comment