Thursday, October 21, 2010

Alex's 2nd Birthday

We celebrated Alex's birthday on Sunday by having a little family party at our house that evening. It was kind-of a deja vu experience because it seemed like we just did a birthday party at our house...oh wait, we did. Halen's birthday was exactly 5 weeks before and things were pretty much the same this time except we were missing a few people. Even Marsha and her family made their token appearance via Skype.
I asked Alex a couple weeks ago what kind of birthday cake he wanted and said he wanted a Buzz and Woody cake. Well, after looking at several ideas on the Internet, I decided I'm not that creative and probably wouldn't be able to pull it off. So I talked him into doing a ball cake and he got really excited about a football cake. It was a little harder than I expected but I think that's because I need to get a new decorating kit that I can hold better. But I think it turned out pretty good. Alex liked it so that's all that matters right?

The birthday boy and his cake
Alex blowing out the candles
Opening the presents
His new wiggle rider
We had a good time eating cake & ice cream and visiting with family. Alex was way spoiled and got some fun things. Thanks to everyone who was able to come celebrate Alex's big day with us. We love him so much and can't believe how fast he's growing up. He makes us laugh every day with things he does and says. He's been a great addition to our family. We love you Alex!!!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Sorry we didnt end up making it to the party! We do have a gift for Alex that we'll bring to Deer Camp with us. Your cake turned out cute though!!