Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

So for the Labor Day weekend, we flew up to Salt Lake and stayed at Randy's parents cabin in Midway for a couple nights. It was nice to get out of the heat of St G for a while. The temperature got down into the upper 40's at night and even though I got a little chilly sitting out on the deck at night, it was a nice change. I love fall and I'm so ready for it to cool down.

Swiss Days was held in Midway over the weekend as well. Randy's mom & sister & I went and browsed through all the fun booths on Saturday. Misty and I both ended up getting a cute calendar from the www.creativeclings.com booth. I had been looking for something like this for a long time so I was excited to find it. I also bought a picture of the Mount Timpanogos Temple for my living room. Now I just need to decide how to arrange it on my wall.

Before Randy left to go to the BYU football game on Saturday, we took a few pics of the boys. It's been a while since I've updated my wall and they've grown up a little bit. Ü It was difficult to keep their attention since there were cousins there wanting to play but I think we got a few cute ones.



On Sunday we attended church at my in-laws ward. Elder Jeffery R. Holland is also a member of the ward and happened to be there that weekend. With Swiss Days & Labor Day going on, there were A LOT of visitors. The entire gym, stage area & choir seats were full and there were still people standing and I know there were more out in the foyer. It took 40 minutes just to pass the sacrament and only a couple people got to bear their testimonies but they did give a few minutes to Elder Holland. It's always so uplifting to hear him or any of the apostles speak. After church, we got a quick lunch and headed to the airport. It was a short getaway but we had a good time.

2 comments:

~Tara said...

Ha ha now I can say thanks for visiting us!! Just kidding!! Sounds like you had a BLAST!!! I just don't agree with you about wanting Fall here already. I hate the cold weather!! I just like wearing sweaters. That's my only saving grace!! Your boys are getting big so fast. What cute boys!!

Coombs N Company said...

I can't believe how big your boys look! Can we just stop them from growing up? It makes me sad! I am glad that you got a little vacataion. It always makes me feel like I can hadle the other mundane stuff!