Monday, September 13, 2010

Halen's 4th Birthday

We celebrated Halen's 4th birthday Sunday night and invited all of our family over. Halen had tons of fun and got WAY spoiled. He got some really fun toys and cute clothes. We even let him stay up a little later than normal so he could play with some of his things.

I had been asking Halen for weeks what kind of birthday cake he wanted this year but he couldn't think of anything. So I had to come up with something myself. He loves playing Mario Kart on the Wii so I decided to go with that idea. I found these cute little cars on the internet and and used them for the main pieces on the cake. I'm definitely not a cake decorator but I think it turned out ok. Halen was excited when he saw it so that's the main thing.

The birthday boy!
Halen opening some presents (Alex of
course had to "help" Ü) Halen loves the $$$

Thank you to everyone who came and helped us celebrate Halen's special day. It meant a lot to him and to us to have so many family members come over. I can't believe how quickly these 4 years have gone by. He's grown up so fast. He amazes us every day at just how funny and smart he is. He's quite the kid and we love him so much! Hope you had a happy birthday bud!

2 comments:

Coombs N Company said...

Itsn't it amazing that these little ones are 4? It blows my mind! Good job on the birthday cake! You rocked! Happy Birthday Halen!

~Tara said...

Wow!! You really are a great cake decorator!! I'm sure Halen LOVED it!! What a great idea!!