I'm finally getting around to posting our 24th of July pics. Better late than never, I guess. We spent the 24th in Enterprise this year. Halen was so excited for the parade and races. He had his bag ready to pick up all the candy he could (and he got PLENTY) and he had been practicing for the races. I was just hoping we wouldn't have a repeat of last year where they said "GO" and he just stood there. But he didn't, he ran really well and I was proud of him. He would have done better if he could have found dad at the finish line but he couldn't see him and didn't really know where to run. Alex was quite the little runner too, he was so ready to go. And of course they were the cutest kids out there. Ü
Daddy helping the boys with their loot
Alex, Cassidy and Halen bringing their candy back to grandma
Alex ready to be let loose
We had our annual BBQ at my Grandma Simkins' house too. We celebrated the 24th and my Grandpa Simkins' 89th birthday. I still can't believe he's been gone for 2 years already. The time's gone fast but I still miss him a lot. It still seems strange to walk into his house and not see him sitting in his spot on the couch. Happy birthday Grandpa, I love you!!!
We headed to the rodeo later that night. I think that was the highlight for Alex. He loved the horses and cows but especially the bulls. One bull was getting a little out of hand in the chute and my dad said, "Easy bull". Now Alex says that all the time...even if he hears me talk about a 'bowl' instead of a 'bull'. Ü
Halen and Alex enjoying the rodeo with
grandma & grandpa








2 comments:
What would we ever do without the 24th in Enterprise? It is fun to take the kids there and have a fun tradition for them to look forward to. Cute Pics!
Hi Alena! It was fun catching up with your darling family. Miss ya!
Post a Comment