Thursday, August 1, 2019

First Day of School 2018-19

The first day of school this year was one that I had been dreading for a while.  Halen started 6th grade which meant that he had to move schools and go to Sunrise Ridge Intermediate School.  I was a fan of him being so far away and it's set up like high school where you move from class to class and I was so nervous for him to start 6th grade.  I think I was more nervous than he was and he did great.  He just looked so grown up walking in.

The school is a lot further away so he was going to have to take a bus.  But school started at 7:45 which is WAY early and he would have had to be on the bus at 7am so Randy opted to drive him on his way to work and just go in a few minutes early.  So Halen would get up at 7 and they would leave the house about 7:25.  Halen would ride the bus home though.  School got out at 2:00 and he'd be home about 2:25.
Mia was super excited to be starting 1st grade and being able to go all day.  Her teacher is Rachel Wallace and we were both happy for that and think she'll be great.
Alex was ready to start his year in 4th grade too.  He got the teacher he wanted in Andrea Hadley.  She's super cute and he was really hoping to get her.
With Mia going to be at school all day, I decided to go ahead and apply to be a reading aide at the school.  My hours were 9:15 - 12:00, Monday - Thursday as an aide then I continued doing lunch recess until 1:00.  I was able to work it out to have someone else do lunch on Friday's so I was only working 16 hours a week and had Friday off which was nice.  The other nice thing was I was able to be an aide in Ms Hadley's calls half of the day so I got to be in Alex's class every day which was really fun.  The other class I worked in was Ms Walker's 5th grade class which I really enjoyed as well.

No comments: