Saturday, March 28, 2015

Finally Some Snow

Utah has had one of the warmest and driest winters on record this year.  We have wanted to go to Enterprise to play in the snow all winter but they never got enough to do anything with.  I started thinking that it just wasn't going to happen this year but on February 23, it finally came.  I knew we were supposed to get some rain but I was a little shocked when I got up to find snow on the ground.
I found out after I got home from taking the kids to school that school was optional.  I thought about letting Halen stay home but it was my turn for carpool so I knew I had to go anyway.  Oh well, it was a short day anyway but I still felt bad that Halen didn't get to play in the good snow.

Alex and Mia had fun playing in it though.  They got all bundled up and headed out to make a snowman.  It was the perfect snowman-making snow.  Alex made the whole thing by himself and he was pretty proud of it.
Mia making her way through the snow in the backyard
Alex had to throw a few snowballs too
Rolling the first snowball

Their masterpiece...isn't he cute! :)
We don't have much snow gear so they were freezing when they came in but they stayed out for almost an hour.  They got some dry clothes on and we had some hot chocolate so it was a fun day.

No comments: