I took the kids up to Enterprise a couple weeks ago to go spend a couple days at grandma & grandpa Simkins' house. Marsha and her kids were up there too and they had so much fun playing with each other. Most of the days were spend outside playing in the wading pool and getting the trampoline wet but we took a time out from that to take them over to Newcastle so they could go ride in the tractor with great grandpa Singleton while he chopped hay. The boys were so excited to go. I was excited for them too because it was something I used to look forward to every summer. I used to go out with my grandpa and my mom (yes, my little mom used to swath hay for a few summers Ü).
 |
| Alex & grandpa ready to go |
 |
| Halen, grandpa & Cassidy |
 |
| Hooking on to the trailer |
My grandpa was thinking that he would just keep the kids for a couple hours and told me that I could just drop them off and come back later, but I didn't know if they'd get bored after one go round or not so my mom, Mia and I just waited for them to be done...we should have just left them. Ü We waited in the van for an hour and a half in the hot sun and we decided that was enough. The kids on the other hand were having so much fun and didn't want to leave. They could have stayed all day. Grandpa let them take turns shifting gears and he explained the whole "hay" process to them so they stayed real interested in it all.
 |
| Around they go again |
 |
| Grandma finally convinced them to get down |
We'll have to take them back another time to go hang out with great grandpa. It's not a bad way to spend the day - he has an air-conditioned tractor and always has a bunch of treats and of course grandpa knows a lot about the hay business. Thanks for the fun times great grandpa!
No comments:
Post a Comment