Easter events this year lasted for about a week at our house. It started with an Easter Egg Hunt at SkyWest the Saturday before Easter weekend, followed by an Egg Hunt at Halen's school during the week, then our Easter picnic at Snow Canyon on Saturday and finishing up with the Easter Bunny and Easter dinner at grandma & grandpa Ogden's on Sunday.
For the SkyWest Egg Hunt, I stayed with Alex's age group while Randy went across the grass to find Halen's age group. He took the camera with him so we didn't get any pics of Alex picking up eggs...just a before the hunt shot. :(
 |
| Alex, Mia & I are standing just left of the bigger tree |
 |
| Halen getting ready to go |
 |
| Halen looks so grown up in this pic |
 |
| Alex & Halen's loot |
|
|
| Halen waiting for the whistle to run find eggs |
 |
| Halen's "bunny" bag |
Families were invited to come watch the egg hunt and have a picnic lunch with the Kindergartners. Dad even came to hang out with us so he didn't have to eat lunch at home alone. It was fun to watch the kids and Halen always likes it when we come to his class.
 |
| Miss Mia and her pretty blue eyes |
 |
| Before we left, Halen wanted me to get a pic of him playing basketball |
On Saturday, we went to Snow Canyon for our annual Easter picnic with the family. All of my brothers and sisters and parents were there along with Aunt Andrea, Kellie and Taylor, grandma Simkins and grandpa Singleton. We always have a good time visiting and letting the kids play in the sand, eating yummy food and participating in our egg roll competition. It was the first family get-together since my grandma Singleton passed away and I think we all missed having her there.
 |
| My mom put together an egg hunt for the kids |
 |
| Just sittin' around |
 |
| Annie trying to feed Mia and Kellie taking her picture |
 |
| Getting ready to roll the "eggs" (I think some of them cheated Ü) |
The Easter Bunny stopped by our house Sunday morning before we went to church. We have the 9am church this year so we had to get up extra early which is hard to do at our house. Ü The boys love looking for all the fun place the Easter Bunny finds to hide jelly beans. He's getting trickier every year. Ü
 |
| The kids with their Easter baskets |
Sunday afternoon we went over to grandma & grandpa Ogden's house for dinner and an egg hunt. Misty and her family were down for their Spring Break so the kids got to play together for a while. We had to sneak away for a little bit after dinner to go have family pictures with my family while we had everyone in town and before some of the sisters-in-law bellies got to big. Ü
 |
| Grandma Ogden's egg hunt |
We had such a fun week celebrating Easter this year. Of course, the reason for Easter is to remember our Savior and His Atonement for us. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have that my family can be together forever. I hope my family knows how much I love my Savior and that I'm so thankful for the sacrifices He made for me. I just love spending time with my little family!!!
1 comment:
I am glad to know that your kids like to hunt eggs! It is just trains that they don't like to ride! :) Gotta love them!
Post a Comment