Monday, August 13, 2012

Halen's Rusty & Rosie Graduation

For the past year, Halen has been involved in a program by the Waterford Institute.  It's a state-sponsored program for pre-Kindergarten-age kids.  It's done all online and they do it for 20 minutes a day.  The program covers a little bit of math and science and a lot of reading.  Rusty & Rosie are characters who walk you through each lesson and activity and they send gold medal stickers in the mail each month.  It's a fun program that Halen enjoyed doing. We just made it part of our daily routine so he never questioned why he had to do it.  Halen was already pretty smart but I think he learned a lot by participating in Rusty & Rosie and Alex even picked up quite a bit by just sitting by him and watching.  Alex will have to wait until next August before he can do it. :(  It was a little bit of a hassle to have to do it during times we were out of town or something but it was definitely worth it.  I'm so proud of Halen and how hard he's worked to learn new things to prepare him for the next step in his life.  Kindergarten starts next week.  He's really excited to go which makes it a little easier for me to send him.  I can't believe he's old enough to go.  Things will for sure be different around our house but I'm excited for him and his new adventure...I love you Halen!
Halen with Rusty & Rosie
Halen holding his diploma & goodie bag

No comments: