For Mother's Day this year we were supposed to spend it with Randy's mom since it was her year but she was going to be at the cabin in Midway and I didn't feel comfortable travelling 4 weeks before my due date. Plus, when I went to the doctor earlier in the week, I found out I was already dilated to a 5 so he told me to take it easy and didn't think I should go either. We had planned to take the boys ice skating in Provo before the season ended and this was their last chance. So I told Randy it would be ok if he took the boys up Friday night so he could help his dad with some things up there then take the boys skating and catch the last flight home Saturday night so we could be together on Mother's Day.
I dropped them off at the airport Friday night and spent a quiet, relaxing night at home alone. I don't like to stay overnight alone but I did ok. Ü Saturday was just as relaxing. I put a few of the baby's clothes away and got her closet somewhat setup then spent the afternoon catching up on movies on the DVR that I never get time to watch. I called Randy about 6:00 to make sure he was about ready to go to the airport to catch the flight home and he said that things had taken longer than they thought and they hadn't even made it skating yet. He asked if I would be ok if they came on the first flight Sunday morning. Normally I probably would have been ok with that except Sunday was Mother's Day and I kind-of wanted to see my kids that morning. So that along with the extra pregnancy hormones made me start crying and I let him know that I wasn't happy about it. By this point, it was already too late to make it to the airport in time so I knew I'd be spending the night alone again and would have to wake up Mother's Day morning without my family.
After I hung up with Randy, I had my little self-pity party then I was over it. I realized I was being selfish and knew that Randy was trying to help his dad and had promised to take the boys skating so he didn't want to disappoint them. He text me a couple times telling me he was sorry and that maybe they could do something to make it up to me. He called me at 9:00 to tell me they were just leaving Rhett's house in Lehi (I assumed to go back to the cabin) & that they never even made it skating. He said the boys were having too much fun with their cousins that they didn't want to leave so I just told the boys goodnight and that I'd see them in the morning. Randy called at 11:30 to tell me goodnight. He made me believe that he was at the cabin and that the kids had been down for a little while.
I went to bed not long after and fell asleep pretty quick. At 1:05 am I got woke up by a text and I was pretty annoyed at who would be texting that late. Well, it was Randy asking if I was awake and I immediately got nervous that something was wrong. I said that I was awake and asked what was wrong. He text back saying nothing was wrong but not to be alarmed that it was just him. Just then I heard the garage door go up and realized he was home. He had told me at one point that he might drive a vehicle down and bring some stuff for his parents so I figured that's what he did and wanted to surprise me by showing up. So I go out to the garage and there is my cute hubby and tired kids yelling "Surprise" getting out of this:
At first I thought it was Randy's brother's van and I was confused at why they would drive it down. But I was WAY happy to see them and kind-of put the van out of my mind for a minute so I could get the kids to bed. While Randy was in the shower, I noticed the van keys on the counter had a car dealership tag on them. I went & looked in the garage again and realized that it wasn't Rhett's van and that Randy had actually bought a new van!!! With the baby coming soon, I've been wanting something bigger and had begged him to consider buying one. He didn't think it was a good time to get a new car so I thought I'd have to wait a long time before it really happened. I was SOOO excited!!!
He finally told me that he had it all planned to buy the van and drive home Saturday night to surprise me but he almost had to tell me what was going on because he didn't plan on me getting so sad. Ü I'm glad I had gotten over being mad or I would have really felt bad. I was happy just to have them all home but to get a new van really made my day! I was so excited that I couldn't go back to sleep until 3:30. I kind-of thought it was a dream until I actually got to ride in it the next morning when we drove to Enterprise. It was the prefect Mother's Day and birthday gift. We spent the day in Enterprise spending time all together. Marsha & Ben to Utah late Friday night so it was the first time we had all been together since January. Both of my grandma's were able to come have dinner with us so it was a good day and was nice to spend time with my mom and grandma's.
Thanks so much to my wonderful husband for going the extra mile and surprising me with the van and my boys on Mother's Day!!! You're the greatest and I love you!
Monday, May 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I want to come to your house for Mother's Day! I would love a few hours by myself, but yet a new car in the end! AMAZING! Looks like fun! I can't wait to see what an Ogden baby girl looks like!
Post a Comment