Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bedroom Changes

Well, I'm 36 weeks as of today and I am dilated to 6 already.  I was a 5 last week and my doctor is worried that I'm going to go into labor at any time.  He's told me to take it as easy as possible and don't do anything more than I have to.  Maybe I should be a little more nervous about it but I was at a 5 at this time with the boys and nothing happened...I still had to be induced.  But I'm doing what I'm told and trying not to do too much.  If I can make it at least 1 more week I'll feel ok with this little girl coming a little early.

In preparations for our little girl, we decided to move Halen's bed into Alex's room which is a little bigger and put the baby in Halen's room.  So 2 nights ago we made the change.  I worried a little about how silly the boys would be at bedtime and if they would really settle down to go to sleep but they've done really well.  Halen knows when he's tired and he's pretty much out within a few minutes of getting into bed.  Alex still likes to put off sleep but maybe with Halen being in the room it will keep him there too.

I've heard a few whispers coming from the room each night and I just have to smile.  Some of my best memories I have of growing up were sharing a room with my sister (until I was a teenager at least...then I wanted my own room).  I'm excited for the boys to get this opportunity and hope that it will make their bond even better.  Now we just need to get the baby's room ready and we'll be good.

No comments: