Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Halen's Preschool

As hard as it is for me to believe, Halen started preschool this year. He's SO ready to go and I'm excited for the social aspect he will have. We debated earlier this year as to where to send him to school. We didn't want to spend too much but wanted it to be a good school for him. My mom told us about a preschool that the school district does and luckily one of their locations is close to our house. We applied and thankfully got in.

At the first of August, I took Halen in to meet his teacher and have an assessment test. He was VERY nervous but was ok after he met his teacher. Her name is Miss Terry and she's fabulous. She made him feel better about being there and he really likes her. Miss Terry said that Halen is the tallest and the smartest in the class.

The orientation was held the next week and Halen got nervous again when he realized that there would be a lot of kids there. He's not one who likes change or big crowds so this was really hard for him. He cried for the first while we were there but he warmed up after a while and met a new friend who would be in his class named Ty.

I was nervous about the first day and how he was going to act. I was planning on staying for the first little bit. He kept telling me all Monday night that he wasn't going to go to school and that he just wanted to stay home with me and Alex. I told him that I knew it was scary at first but he would learn to like school and would be glad he went.

Well, Tuesday morning came and I tried to make a big deal about how exciting it was that he was going to school. I made his favorite pancake breakfast and he got to wear his new school shirt and backpack. He was actually a little excited. I could tell he was nervous when we got to the school but he calmed down once we got to his classroom and he saw his teacher. I reluctantly left wondering if I'd soon be getting a call saying I needed to come back but I didn't. Luckily I had some errands to run so that kept my mind off of my baby being at school. When I came back to pick Halen up, he had a big grin on his face and was having a really good time. I asked how it was and he said he had fun. I said, "see I told you you would like it" and he said, "I thought you were kidding mom". Ü He really does like school now and looks forward to it every Tuesday and Thursday.


We were running late and Halen said it was bright outside so this was the best pic we got

No comments: