Randy & I were going to do one of our temple trips (probably to Sacramento) the weekend following the 4th but plans got changed and we decided to go up to Midway to visit with Randy's brother's family who are here from Orlando. We did make it to a session at the Draper Temple though so we were still able to mark off another from our list. I've now done sessions at 29 different temples and Randy has done 33.
By Saturday night I was feeling better and I was able to go to church on Sunday. Elder Jeffery R. Holland is in my in-laws ward in Midway and he was at the meeting so grandpa Ogden made it a point to have all the grand kids shake his hand. Alex wasn't very interested in it but Halen got to shake an apostles hand which was neat.
Not long after we got back from church, Randy started feeling sick. He didn't eat or do much of anything the rest of the night but did go golfing Monday morning. He was feeling well enough to come with us to go to lunch in Heber and take the kids to a park. They all had tons of fun and didn't want to leave.

We went to Enterprise early Saturday morning to celebrate the 24th of the July. The boys had fun gathering candy at the parade but Alex got done a little earlier once he heard the fire trucks sirens (he still doesn't like loud noises Ü). After the parade we hung out at my parents for a while then went to my grandma Simkins' for lunch. My grandpa would have been 90 years old on the 24th. I can't believe he's been gone for 3 years already. Time sure has gone fast and I really miss him. After lunch, we went across the street for the kids races, then back to my parents for a little nap before heading to the rodeo. Just gotta love Enterprise on the 24th!
Getting ready to catch candy
The fam at the rodeo









1 comment:
It was fun seeing you at the parade even for just a minute. We REALLY need to get together. I love Enterprise on the 24th of July too. My Grandma would have been 90 years old on the 24th too. What a coincidence. I miss her lots too.
Post a Comment