Thursday, April 29, 2010
Rock-A-Bye
Our bedtime routine for the kids has been the same for quite a while now but we've added something new to it during this last week. After they get their PJ's on, eat their vitamin and brush their teeth, we now do what Halen calls, "rock-a-bye". It started last week when Alex was having trouble with me putting him in his crib and leaving (he's become pretty attached to me Ü), so I went in one night after listening to him sob uncontrollably and started rocking him to settle him down a little bit. Halen came in and asked if he could "rock-a-bye" with us so with Halen on one side and Alex on the other side of my lap, we rock-a-byed. It's become a nightly thing now and I can honestly say it's one of my favorite times of the day. I don't get many chances to hold Halen anymore and I love being able to hold both my boys and sing songs or talk about whatever Halen wants to talk about. Alex tries to copy Halen on actions to songs and it's so cute. What surprises me the most though is how calm and mellow they are while we're rocking to the light of the night light. They're usually pretty rambunctious kids but during that time they just lay back on my shoulders and enjoy the time together. It's times like these that make it all worthwhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
That is so sweet!! I love rocking at night and just watching Addison fall asleep. It just brings a different kind of peace to the house and the evening. Your kids are so cute!! I cant believe how big they are getting already!!
How sweet! You better enjoy it while you can!
Isn't that what life is really all about. It is a good thing that we get some moments like that or else I would think that this motherhood thing would be overrated!
awww. that is sweet
Post a Comment